Thursday, October 12, 2006

Anyway

Found some very nice phrases with one of my fave words:anyway.I just like it,cause it's always essential...anyway...

People are often unreasonable and self-centered.Forgive them anyway.
If you're kind,people can accuse you of ulterior motives.Be kind anyway.
If you're honest,people may cheat you.Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness,people may be jealous.Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have,and it may never be enough.Give your best anyway.
Mother Thereza.

And some of my fave quotes from good old Winston:
All the greatest things are simple,and many can be expressed in a single word:freedom,justice,honour,duty,mercy,hope.
I am found of pigs.Dogs look up to us.Cats look down on us.Pigs treat us as equals.(yes,Ilya,I know you like it)
If you're going through hell,keep going.(specially for Anna)
By swollowing evil words unsaid won't hurt your stomach.
Never give in,never give in,never,never,never in nothing,great or small,large or petty,never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.
Success is not finat,failure is not fatal:it is the courage to continue that counts.(specially for Anna,point 2)
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.(specially for me)(your one vice's you're too nice...never mind,remembered that funny offspring song;)

Those are the most remarkable quotes I could think off.Some explain why we shouldn't be afraid.Anyway.

2 comments:

ksenia said...

Hey Jul, you've made a great job! I enjoyed reading it but where is the phrase for me? :-(

Jul said...

Oh,dear,how could i possibly be so stupid as to forget about you???Here's a phrase 'specially 4 Ksju':Be patient.To everything there is a season!(considering Mr X)